Last updated: Dec 17, 2020
Who we are
What we collect and why
We collect different types of personal information about you, depending on how you interact with the Site. We do not sell your personal information.
When you access the Site, we may collect:
- Information about the functionality of the site and your preferences, demographics and history on the Site, including internet protocol (IP) addresses, location, browser type, Internet Service Provider (ISP), date/time stamp, referring/exit pages, account information, pages visited, page response times, download errors, the length of your visit, and what you click on through log files, cookies, beacons and other automated technology. This information is used to analyze trends, administer the Site, operate the shopping cart, track users’ movement around the Site, optimize your experience based on your preferences, and help us improve the Site and the Content.
- Your name and email address if you submit this information to us, including by email, contact form, comments or by signing up for access to additional resources or promotional emails. We will use this information for the purpose you submitted it, such as responding to your inquiry or providing you with requested information, and to send additional materials and promotions that may interest you.
- Third party advertising companies collect information about your visit and basic demographic information through pixel tags, web beacons and cookies to help us serve targeted advertisements to you and other customers across the internet and evaluate the effectiveness of their advertising campaigns.
When you leave comments on the Site we collect the data shown in the comments form, and your IP address and browser user agent string to help spam detection.
We, in common with many web site operators, may use standard technology called “cookies” on our Site. Cookies are small data files that are downloaded onto your computer when you visit a particular web site. You can disable cookies by turning them off in your browser; however, some areas of the Site may not function properly if you do so.
Cookies are used by services such as Google Analytics to track your internet protocol (IP) address, location, browser type, Internet Service Provider (ISP), date/time stamp, referring/exit pages, pages visited, page response times, the length of your visit, and what you click on. These help us to know which pages and content are most effective and useful to our visitors.
If you leave a comment on our Site you may opt-in to saving your name, email address and website in cookies. These are for your convenience so that you do not have to fill in your details again when you leave another comment. These cookies will last for one year.
If you visit our login page, we will set a temporary cookie to determine if your browser accepts cookies. This cookie contains no personal data and is discarded when you close your browser.
When you log in, we will also set up several cookies to save your login information and your screen display choices. Login cookies last for two days, and screen options cookies last for a year. If you select “Remember Me”, your login will persist for two weeks. If you log out of your account, the login cookies will be removed.
To find out how to manage, limit or disable cookies from your browser, follow these links:
Email Marketing Communications
You can subscribe on our website to receive email marketing updates about studio news, collection releases and other related info.
We use a double-opt-in process. After entering your name and email into any of the forms on our site, we send a message to the address provided asking for confirmation that you wish to receive email marketing updates. If you do not confirm, you will not receive any email marketing. This protects possible misuse of your personal data. If you do confirm, your name and email address is saved for the purpose of sending you marketing updates.
Who we share your data with
We may disclose information that we collect from you to:
- Contractors, service providers, and other third parties that support our business (such as hosting companies, accountants, payment processors, analytics providers, and email providers);
- Third-party advertisers, to personalize ads that are served to you and other customers on the internet;
- Law enforcement or governmental agencies, to comply with any court order, law, or governmental request or if we believe it is necessary or appropriate to protect the rights, property, or safety of our company, our customers, or others; and
- As otherwise permitted by applicable laws or with your consent.
When we disclose your personal information to third-parties or service providers in foreign countries (including the United States), it may be processed, stored, or transferred outside of Canada, and different privacy laws may apply. By submitting your personal information to us, you consent to this transfer, storage, and processing.
How long we retain your data
We will retain your personal data for as long as necessary to fulfill the purposes we collected it for, including for the purposes of satisfying any legal, accounting, or reporting requirements.
For tax purposes the law requires us to keep basic information about our customers (including Contact, Identity, Financial and Transaction Data) for six years after they stop being customers.
If you leave a comment, the comment and its metadata are retained indefinitely. This is so we can recognize and approve any follow-up comments automatically instead of holding them in a moderation queue.
For users that register on our website, we also store the personal information they provide in their user profile. All users can see, edit, or delete their personal information at any time (except they cannot change their username). Website administrators can also see and edit that information.
For email marketing subscribers – we retain the information you used to sign up, for as long as you remain subscribed.
What rights you have over your data
If you have an account on this site, or have left comments, you can request that we erase any personal data we hold about you. This does not include data we are obliged to keep for administrative, legal, or security purposes (such as transactional data for tax purposes).
Where we send your data
Visitor comments may be checked through an automated spam detection service. (US)
Website data and contents may be accessed by our web host, Johnny VPS. (US)
Artwork Orders – Customer name, address and phone number will be shared with the shipping carrier, UPS, Canada Post or DHL and our Canadian-based shipping manager, Freightcom. (Canada and destination countries for international orders)
Print orders – Customer name, address, phone number and order details will be shared with our drop ship printer, Art of Where. (Canada)
Print Orders – Customer name, address and phone number will be shared with the shipping carrier, Canada Post, USPS or DHL. (Canada and destination countries for international orders)
When a visitor subscribes to receive marketing communications, their name and email address will be sent to our email marketing service, Mailchimp. (US)
When a user visits the site after clicking our ad on Facebook, usage data will be recorded. (US)
You can disable cookie storage for Facebook via your browser settings.
How we protect your data
We only share your data when absolutely necessary and to the minimum extent. We verify the identity of any individual or company who requests access to information prior to granting them access (for example a web host, drop-ship partner or payment processor). We use Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) technology to encrypt payment transactions you make via our website.