During the spring of 2022, I knew I wanted to do something to help the people of Ukraine.
With it being part of my family heritage, plus a desire to support peace and humanity, and help those in need... it wasn't even a question in my mind. I wanted to contribute, and the best way would be through donating a portion of painting sales.
So I put the word out... and you responded. Paintings sold (yay)
These are a few of the paintings that left the studio during my 'Support Ukraine' campaign
Finding new homes meant I was able to donate $600 to the Canada Ukraine Foundation's humanitarian appeal.
In an email sent to donors, the foundation described what they've been able to accomplish over the last six months:
- Delivered food boxes to 130,000 families in 21 Oblasts
- Purchased 3 months of medicines for 100,000 people
- Sent the first shipment of 140MT of buckwheat seed to Ukraine for planting this year
- Delivered 160 pallets of hospital equipment / medical supplies throughout Ukraine, including 7 pallets of IFAK's
- Completed two evacuation flights for children with brain cancer to Sick Kids Toronto
- Arranged for training psychologists in Ukraine to treat the mental health of 5000 patients
- Set up funding for 2000 displaced children in Ukrainian-operated summer camps in Canada
- Delivered 8000 food boxes in Moldova and 3000 food boxes in Romania to displaced persons' families
And they say they're just getting started...
A big thank you to those who purchased a painting during the campaign - this donation wouldn't have happened without you!
In peace and love,